- Meetings are held the fourth Wednesday of each month
- Meetings start at 6:00 pm
- City Hall
900 Quay St.
Manitowoc, WI 54220
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Agendas | Prior to 02/24/2014
Minutes are also available following approval.
Minutes | Prior to 02/24/2014
Video is available following the meetings.
The Plan Commission is made up of eight members that serve three-year terms:
- Peter Dorner, member - term expires May 1, 2019
- David Diedrich, member - term expires May 1, 2017
- Alderperson Jim Brey, Finance member - term expires April 16, 2018
- Daniel R. Hornung, member - term expires May 1, 2017
- Dennis Steinbrenner, member - term expires May 1, 2018
- Justin M. Nickels, Chair, ex officio member - City Mayor
- Daniel Koski, ex officio member - Director of Public Infrastructure
- Jim Muenzenmeyer, ex officio member - Transit/Buildings & Grounds Div. Mgr
- Rick Schwarz, alternate, ex officio member - Building Inspector
- City Planner or Deputy City Planner, non-member - Recording Secretary
The citizen members shall be persons of recognized experience and qualification. Unless otherwise noted, all members shall be appointed by the Mayor and approved by the Common Council. Members of the Commission shall be appointed to hold office for a period of three years. Appointments shall be made by the Mayor during the month of April for terms that expire in April or at any other time if a vacancy occurs during the middle of a term. The City Planner or, in the absence of the City Planner, the Community Development Director, shall serve as staff to the Commission and act as its secretary. The Mayor shall act as chair and be a voting member of the Commission. The Alderperson representative shall act as Vice-Chair. A member of the Plan Commission who is elected by the Commission shall serve as 2nd Vice-Chair. This election will take place annually at the May Plan Commission meeting.
In addition to matters set forth in Wisconsin Statute §62.23(5), the Common Council may refer to the Plan Commission the construction or carrying out of any public work not expressly within the province of other commissions of the City, and may delegate to the Plan Commission all powers which said Council deems necessary to complete such work and all details.