Wastewater Treatment Facility Board
- Second Tuesday of each month at 4:00 p.m.
- Wastewater Treatment Facility
1015 S. Lakeview Dr.
Manitowoc, WI 54220
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
The Wastewater Treatment Facility Board is made up of seven members that serve three-year terms:
- Dave Luckow, Industrial User Representative, member - term expires June 1, 2016
- Gregg Wolf, Commercial Representative, member - term expires June 1, 2017
- Tim Petersen, Commercial User Representative, member - term expires June 1, 2016
- Rebeckah Eernisse, Industrial User Representative, member - term expires June 1, 2019
- Brian Rasmussen, Residential Representative, member - term expires June 1, 2018
- Daniel Koski, Director of Public Infrastructure, member - ex officio
- Alderperson Mike Howe, Public Infrastructure Vice-Chair, member, ex officio - term expires April 17, 2017
- Brian Helminger, Superintendent Wastewater Treatment Plant, non-voting member
There is hereby created a Wastewater Treatment Facility Board consisting of seven (7) members. The Director of Public Infrastructure, or in the Director’s absence their designee, and a member of the Common Council shall be ex officio members. There shall also be five (5) citizen members. Two citizen members shall be designated as representing residential users. One member shall be designated as representing commercial users. Two members shall be designated as representing industrial users. Each of the citizen members shall serve a three (3) year term and be appointed pursuant to §3.27.
The Board shall direct and supervise the activities of the Wastewater Treatment Plant and should there be a vacancy in the position of Superintendent, the Board shall interview and recommend to the Common Council the name of a Superintendent for approval. The Superintendent shall be responsible for the daily operation of the plant and shall hire and, subject to any collective bargaining agreement, discharge and discipline all other employees of the Wastewater Treatment Plant. The Board shall have the care, custody and control of the Wastewater Treatment Plant and it shall be the duty of the Board to recommend any improvement to the Plant. The Board shall be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Plant and shall submit a budget annually to the Common Council for this purpose. The Board shall report to the Common Council periodically regarding the status of the Wastewater Treatment Plant. No expenditures other than budgeted and approved expenses shall be permitted unless approved by the Common Council.