Board of Review
- Meets annually anytime during the 30-day period beginning on the second Monday in May
- 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and recess thereafter from time to time until its business is completed
- City Hall
900 Quay St.
Manitowoc, WI 54220
The 2016 Board of Review is made up of seven members and five alternates that serve one-year terms:
- Mayor Justin M. Nickels, member
- Jennifer Hudon, City Clerk, member
- Mike Howe, Alderperson, member
- Scott McMeans, Alderperson, member
- Chris Able, Alderperson, member
- Vacant, Alderperson, member
- Jason Sladky, Alderperson, member
- Jim Brey, Alderperson, alternate
- Lee Kummer, Alderperson, alternate
- Eric Sitkiewitz, Alderperson, alternate
- Dave Soeldner, Alderperson, alternate
- Steve Czekala, Alderperson, alternate
The Board of Review of the City of Manitowoc shall be composed of the Mayor, the City Clerk, and five (5) members of the common council to be appointed annually by the Mayor. The Mayor may also appoint up to five (5) additional members of the Common Council as alternates to serve in the event of the unavailability of any member of the Board of Review on any matter.
The Board of Review is a quasi-judicial body empowered with three primary duties. BOR can adjust assessments when they have been proved incorrect by sworn oral testimony. BOR can correct errors or omissions in the descriptions or computations found on the assessment roll. BOR can check the assessment roll for omitted property and double assessments.