How to Run For Office
- 18 Years of Age
- Elector/Resident of the City of Manitowoc
- Alderperson candidates must reside in their respective district
- Completion of Campaign Registration Statement - Form CF-1. File when candidacy is publicly announced, before circulating nomination papers or expending/receiving funds for candidacy.
- Completion of Declaration of Candidacy - Form EL-162
- Completion of Nomination Papers - Form EL-169
- Mayor and municipal judge candidates must collect 200 (minimum) to 400 (maximum) signatures of qualified city electors.
- Alderperson candidates must collect 20 (minimum) to 40 (maximum) signatures of qualified electors within their district.
- Nomination papers for offices to be filled at the spring election may be circulated no sooner than December 1 preceding the election and may be filed no later than 5:00 p.m. on the first Tuesday in January preceding the election, or the next day if Tuesday is a holiday.
- Incumbents not seeking re-election must file a Notification of Noncandidacy - Form EL-163
- Municipal judge candidates must complete and submit a Statement of Economic Interests to the State of Wisconsin Ethics Commission (Phone: (608) 266-8005) no later than the 3rd day following the last day for filing nomination papers.
All forms can be obtained from the City Clerk's Office, 900 Quay Street, Manitowoc.
Deadline for filing above forms: Forms must be filed with the Manitowoc City Clerk, 900 Quay Street, Manitowoc, WI 54220 (we cannot accept faxed or e-mailed documents). All forms must be filed by 5:00 p.m. on the first Tuesday in January preceding the election, or 5:00 p.m. the next day if Tuesday is a holiday.
Please click the link below for the City of Manitowoc Map: