- Public Infrastructure
- Comprehensive Park & Recreation Plan 2017-2022
Comprehensive Park & Recreation Plan 2017-2022
The "Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan is designed to provide an overall picture of park and open space needs for the City of Manitowoc, with an implementation element that prioritizes the most pressing park needs and projects over the next six years and beyond." Some of the reasons for updating the plan are as follows:
1. "Maintain eligibility for WDNR Stewardship Fund grants. A community's park plan must be updated every five years to maintain eligibility.
2. Document the need for future projects in an effort to solicit other sources of funding.
3. Identify developing recreational trends and position the City to address these trends as opportunities.
4. Use the update process as an opportunity to involve various "Stakeholder Groups" as partners to implement park goals, objectives, and new opportunities.
5. Use the update process to generate public input on park opportunities and directives.
6. Update park maps to show existing facilities and potential future park projects.
7. Assist Department Heads and Community Leaders with budgeting for capital improvements."
The City of Manitowoc Common Council adopted the attached Comprehensive Park & Recreation Plan, completed by Martenson & Eisele, Inc., on November 20, 2017.
Adopted Comprehensive Parks & Recreation Plan
Map05 Trail Red Arrow to Silver Creek
Individual Park Maps
Little Manitowoc River Walkway
Manitowoc Shipbuilders Company Park
Riverview Park (a.k.a. John Schuette Park)