New 1 & 2 Family
New Residential Construction: One- and Two-Family Dwellings Only
During the 2015-2016 legislative session, 2015 Act 211 was signed into law, requiring Wisconsin municipalities to submit to the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS) electronic copies of their new one- and two-family building permits starting on January 2, 2018. This law also charged DSPS with creating and implementing an electronic processing system for these building permits that could be utilized by municipalities.
Permit Process: NEW Construction One- and Two-Family Dwellings ONLY
1. Request Address Assignment
Contact Community Development Department staff at (920) 686-6930 or Email
2. Complete Wisconsin DSPS Online Form
The contractor or owner shall complete the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS) Online Building Permit Form.
3. Complete Manitowoc Permit Submittal
After completing the Wisconsin DSPS Online Building Permit Form the contractor or owner shall submit the printed Wisconsin DSPS Online form and the below information to the Building Inspection department for review. Incomplete applications or partial material submittals will not be accepted for review and will be returned to the applicant.
- 1 copy of the Wisconsin DSPS Online Form
- 3 sets of construction plans
- 3 sets of energy calculations
- 3 sets of plot and erosion plans prepared and certified by a Surveyor or Registered by the State of Wisconsin. Refer to Wisconsin UBC Section 30.05(2)(a) for a detailed list of survey requirements
4. Request Electric and Water Service
Contact Manitowoc Public Utilities staff at (920) 686-4315 or refer to MPU Request Services Portal
5. Request Sidewalk / Driveway Permit
Contact Engineering Department staff at (920) 686-6910
Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services
- Wisconsin DSPS Online Form | NEW 1 & 2 FAMILY HOMES ONLY
- Applicant Frequently Asked Questions Wis. DSPS Online Permit System
- One & Two Family UDC Program and Codes
- Register for Wis. DSPS Program Email Updates
Please contact the department at (920) 686-6940 or by Department Email