Local Contractor Registration
All State License Holders performing work in the City of Manitowoc shall create a Collaborator Account and complete a Local Contractor Registration in MyGov before submitting any permit application. There is no charge for this registration.
- Go to the City of Manitowoc MyGov Portal
- Create Collaborator Account
- Where Applicable the First and Last Name of the Contact Shall be the First and Last Name of the State License Holder
- Add Credentials to Collaborator Account for Project Type
- Where Applicable Upload a PDF copy of State License
- Renewal notices will be emailed 60 days prior expiration or you may log into your MyGov Collaborator Portal to renew
State Contractor Registration
The City of Manitowoc enforces the credentials and licenses as required by the Wisconsin Department of Safety & Professional Services SPS 305 Licenses, Registrations and Certification Codes. In addition, citizens and contractors should be aware of the following information:
Building projects Single and Two Family
Local officials issuing building permits for one- or two- family dwellings are required to check for proof that the contractor or applicant possesses a State of Wisconsin Dwelling Contractor Certification and a State of Wisconsin Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification. Owner-occupants of a one- or two- family dwelling are exempt from this requirement. This exemption does not apply to one- or two- family rental units.
For more information regarding state credentialing and licensing requirements please contact the Wisconsin Department of Safety & Professional Services Credentialing Unit at (608) 266-2112 or (877) 617-1565 or please view: