Responsibilities of the Forestry Division
The primary responsibilities of the Forestry Division are:
- Maintenance, such as trimming & removal, of all street trees (in the terrace area between the sidewalk and street) and all other trees on city-owned property or right-of-ways,
- Determining the health of trees to decide if a tree warrants removal or if it is a hazard and must be removed,
- Approving the planting and/or removal of trees on city-owned property or right-of-ways,
- Maintaining plan to deal with invasive species or insects, such as the Emerald Ash Borer,
- Applying for and maintaining the City of Manitowoc's Tree City USA status, which includes an annual Arbor Day Celebration.
No new notices at this time.