Comprehensive Plan Update
Welcome to the City of Manitowoc Comprehensive Plan Update
This is the place to learn about the development of the update of the City of Manitowoc’s Comprehensive Plan.
The Comprehensive Plan is a blueprint for the short-range and long-range growth, redevelopment, and preservation of the community and will be used by City officials as a policy guide to help make decisions regarding the growth and development of Manitowoc. The Comprehensive Plan is an update of the City’s existing Comprehensive Plan, which was adopted in 2009.
Visit this page for project and meeting updates, as meeting dates are subject to change. Check the City's Agenda & Minutes page to view upcoming meetings.
Project schedule is subject to change. Visit this page for updates. The most recent schedule can be found here.
Public Participation Opportunities
- Public Visioning Workshop (Online Option) - OPEN NOW
On June 28, 2022, an in-person public Visioning Workshop was held by the City of Manitowoc to gather input on the development of the City’s 2022 Comprehensive Plan Update. The meeting was attended by approximately 25 people, in addition to City staff and the City’s planning consultant, Vandewalle & Associates. The event featured breakout group sessions on visioning and top priorities for the community, an interactive polling exercise to gather feedback on housing needs, and a group mapping activity in which participants were able to label and illustrate areas of the City for adaptive reuse, new development, preservation, transportation conflicts, and new roads and bicycle paths, among other things.
Below is a link to an online version of the Public Visioning Workshop, including background information, a community survey, and the interactive mapping activity. The survey follows the same questions and topic areas discussed and addressed through the workshop. Both attendees of the workshop and those who were unable to attend are encouraged to participate.
The more feedback submitted by community members, the better. The survey & mapping activities will take approximately 30-60 minutes to complete, and all responses are anonymous. It will be open through Sunday, July 31, 2022.
- Public Open House (in person) – to be announced
- Public Open House (Online Option) – to be announced
- Joint Plan Commission & City Council Public Hearing – to be announced
Past Meetings and Meeting Materials
Draft Plan Document and Maps Coming soon!
How to Get Involved
- Attend the virtual Public Visioning Workshop – see details above
- Provide input any time by contacting the Community Development Department at (920) 686-6930 or completing this form
- Stay tuned for a virtual public engagement meeting and opportunities for public comment on the draft Comprehensive Plan – anticipated to be scheduled for summer of 2022
Want to Learn More?