Donald Dow, in his Last Will and Testament, gifted $30,000 to the City of Manitowoc to be used for the erection of a chapel to be known as the Donald E. and Eunice V. Dow Memorial Chapel. The chapel was constructed in late fall of 2009 in section X as a pergola which accents Evergreen Cemetery’s beauty and peace with an inviting outdoor setting complimented by hanging baskets and a rock garden full of bushes.
Donald E. (1919-1983) and Eunice V. (1919-2007) Dow are buried are buried in Section R, Block 30, Lot 7.
The fully accessible Dow Memorial Chapel is available for funerals, prayer services and reflections without cost by anyone regardless of race, color or creed. Reservations are recommended but are not required. The chapel area is available for use on a first-come, first-served basis. Families interested in reserving the Dow Memorial Chapel should contact the cemetery office in advance at (920) 686-3570.
Seating / Benches
While there are no benches at this time, the Cemetery staff is currently developing a memorial bench program.