Oct. 4th thru Oct. 7th - Franklin Street will be closed from South 6th Street and South 8th Street for the entire festival and will not reopen until the event clean-up is completed.
Oct. 6th --- Windigo Fest Parade: The parade will begin on North 8th Street (Bank First National) and will head backwards towards Washington Street. There will be no parking along the parade route from 3 p.m. to completion of parade (approx. 8:00 p.m.). Vehicles left on the parade route will be ticketed and towed. To avoid the congested downtown area, motorists are encouraged to use the South 21st Street viaduct, in lieu of the 8th Street bridge.
The Manitowoc Police Department wishes to remind those individuals attending this event:
- NO alcoholic beverage carry-ins allowed at the event.
- NO glass containers.
- Pedestrians must obey all traffic laws at intersections around the event.
- Motorists are required by law to yield to pedestrians crossing the street at a crosswalk, whether it is marked or not—as includes bicyclists.
- Individuals consuming alcoholic beverages should plan a safe ride home.
- Extra patrols will be out during and after the event to help monitor traffic conditions and ensure a safe time for all individuals.