The City of Manitowoc Department of Public Works will conduct an emergency storm damage brush pickup beginning THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 4TH, 2010.
1. Brush must be placed between the sidewalk and curb by 7:00 a.m. on THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 4TH, 2010.
2. Brush must be placed on terrace prior to 7:00 a.m. on Thursday, November 4th to avoid any charges. Any brush placed after this time, may result in a minimum charge of $100.
3. DPW crews will go thru each street one time only.
4. Brush shall not exceed five (5) feet in length or six (6) inches in diameter.
5. Brush shall be kept separate from other debris.
6. Pick up is limited to one truckload per property.
7. Bagged material will not be picked up.
8. Materials will not be picked up on uninhabited/vacant lots.
9. Garden waste shall be kept separate from brush and placed with leaves and rakings.
The next scheduled brush pick up by the Department of Public Works is during the spring of 2011.
City residents who choose not to utilize the city pick up or wish to have additional pick ups may also contact a private hauler or take brush to the compost sites.
a. 4191 Woodland Drive – effective until November 15th
HOURS: Monday – Saturday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
b. 3000 Basswood Road – (683-4333) (behind Recycling Center)
April – Oct 30 November - April
HOURS: Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. - 12 noon 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
For additional information, call the Department of Public Works between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday at 686-6550. After hours, call the Department of Public Works information line at 683-4555.