Dates for Spring Clean-up 2021 have been scheduled. The first two weeks of spring cleanup will be for BRUSH ONLY. Brush includes clean woody vegetative material, branches, and bushes/shrubs without root bulbs, not to exceed five (5) feet in length or six (6) inches in diameter. The second two weeks of clean-up will be for YARD WASTE (leaves, thatch, yard and garden waste) ONLY. Crews will go through each area only once for brush and only once for yard waste.
DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON WEATHER CONDITIONS.
Spring Clean-up 2021 Schedule:
BRUSH PICK UP (Brush consists of clean woody vegetative material not to exceed five (5) feet in length or six (6) inches in diameter and bushes/shrubs without root bulbs)
PROPERTY SOUTH OF THE MANITOWOC RIVER - April 5th THROUGH April 9th, 2021
PROPERTY NORTH OF THE MANITOWOC RIVER - April 12th THROUGH April 16th, 2021
YARD WASTE (Yard waste consists of leaves, thatch, yard and garden waste)
PROPERTY SOUTH OF THE MANITOWOC RIVER - April 19th THROUGH April 23th, 2021
PROPERTY NORTH OF THE MANITOWOC RIVER - April 26th THROUGH April 30th, 2021
These dates are subject to change based on weather. Please check www.manitowoc .org, City of Manitowoc Facebook page or contact the Streets and Sanitation Division at 920-686-6550 for updates.
A parking ban ordinance has been put in place for Spring Cleanup. NO PARKING WILL BE ALLOWED NEAR GARDEN WASTE, BRUSH, AND/OR LEAF AND RAKING PILES on City streets during the week of pickup from 7:00 am – 3:00 pm. Vehicles parked near any debris piles will be ticketed.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- To insure pick-up, all material must be placed on the terrace (between the sidewalk and curb) by 7:00 am on the specified MONDAY of your scheduled week, BUT NOT MORE THAN TWO (2) WEEKS PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED PICKUP WEEK. There will be a minimum $100.00 charge for material picked up after the initial pickup on your street.
- Pick up on each street will be ONE TIME ONLY for brush and ONE TIME ONLY for yard waste.
- Brush, branches, and bushes/shrubs without root bulbs are to be kept separate from rakings (thatch material).
- Yard waste consists of leaves, thatch, yard and garden waste.
- Mixed materials WILL NOT be picked up.
- Pickup is limited to one truckload per property.
- Bagged materials WILL NOT be picked up.
- Crews WILL NOT pick up the following:
- Lumber, garbage, animal droppings, broken concrete, refuse, fill, demolition material, edgings, yard debris greater than six (6) inches in diameter or longer than five (5) feet in length, including stumps, roots, or shrubs with intact bulbs, or debris in bags, buckets, or garbage cans.
- Materials WILL NOT be picked up on uninhabited/vacant lots.
City residents that choose not to utilize the city pickup or wish to have additional pickups may contact a private hauler or take brush/yard debris to the county compost sites. For more information about the compost sites, call 683-4333.
For additional information regarding Spring Clean-up, contact the Department of Public Infrastructure – Streets and Sanitation Division at 686-6550.
Follow the City of Manitowoc on Facebook for up-to-date information on City activities. Receive information via text message or email about emergency alerts or activities in the City by visiting www.manitowoc.org; click on the Notify Me button and follow the instructions. Download the City of Manitowoc app from the App Store or Google Play, click on Alert Center and subscribe to any number of emergency or warning alerts.