Due to weather conditions the 2022 Spring Clean-Up will not begin until April 11th.
Spring Clean-up 2022 Schedule:
All brush and yard waste must be out on the terrace (between the sidewalk and the curb) by 7 AM on the Monday of your pick up. CREWS WILL GO THROUGH EACH AREA ONCE
BRUSH PICK UP (Brush consists of clean woody vegetative material not to exceed five (5) feet in length or six (6) inches in diameter and bushes/shrubs without root bulbs)
PROPERTY SOUTH OF THE MANITOWOC RIVER – Starting April 11th WORKING FROM EAST TO WEST
PROPERTY NORTH OF THE MANITOWOC RIVER – Starting April 18th WORKING FROM EAST TO WEST
YARD WASTE (Yard waste consists of leaves, thatch, yard and garden waste)
PROPERTY SOUTH OF THE MANITOWOC RIVER – Starting April 25th WORKING FROM EAST TO WEST
PROPERTY NORTH OF THE MANITOWOC RIVER – Starting April May 2nd WORKING FROM EAST TO WEST
These dates are subject to change based on weather. Please check www.manitowoc .org, City of Manitowoc Facebook page or contact the Streets and Sanitation Division at 920-686-6550 for updates.
A parking ban ordinance has been put in place for Spring Cleanup. NO PARKING WILL BE ALLOWED NEAR GARDEN WASTE, BRUSH, AND/OR LEAF AND RAKING PILES on City streets during the week of pickup from 7:00 am – 3:00 pm. Vehicles parked near any debris piles will be ticketed.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- To insure pick-up, all material must be placed on the terrace (between the sidewalk and curb) by 7:00 am on the specified MONDAY of your scheduled week, BUT NOT MORE THAN TWO (2) WEEKS PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED PICKUP WEEK. There will be a minimum $100.00 charge for material picked up after the initial pickup on your street.
- Pick up on each street will be ONE TIME ONLY for brush and ONE TIME ONLY for yard waste.
- Brush, branches, and bushes/shrubs without root bulbs are to be kept separate from rakings (thatch material).
- Yard waste consists of leaves, thatch, yard and garden waste.
- Mixed materials WILL NOT be picked up.
- Pickup is limited to one truckload per property.
- Bagged materials WILL NOT be picked up.
- Crews WILL NOT pick up the following:
- Lumber, garbage, animal droppings, broken concrete, refuse, fill, demolition material, edgings, yard debris greater than six (6) inches in diameter or longer than five (5) feet in length, including stumps, roots, or shrubs with intact bulbs, or debris in bags, buckets, or garbage cans.
- Materials WILL NOT be picked up on uninhabited/vacant lots.
City residents that choose not to utilize the city pickup or wish to have additional pickups may contact a private hauler or take brush/yard debris to the county compost sites. For more information about the compost sites, call 683-4333.
For additional information regarding Spring Clean-up, contact the Department of Public Infrastructure – Streets and Sanitation Division at 686-6550.
Follow the City of Manitowoc on Facebook for up-to-date information on City activities. Receive information via text message or email about emergency alerts or activities in the City by visiting www.manitowoc.org; click on the Notify Me button and follow the instructions. Download the City of Manitowoc app from the App Store or Google Play, click on Alert Center and subscribe to any number of emergency or warning alerts.