As of Thursday, January 14, 2016, the Ice Skating Rink in downtown Manitowoc is open for all citizens to use! The rink is located on the Farmers’ Market parking lot on South 8th Street, which adjoins Burger Boat Company Park. There will be an official ribbon cutting on Saturday, February 6th.
Ice Skating is free; however you must provide your own skates. There are benches and picnic tables around the rink for your use. Benches are also located inside the Manitowoc Public Library foyer (where it may be somewhat warmer).
Ice Skating Rink Rules:
1) Open daily 6:00am to 11:00pm (normal park hours).
2) Skate at your own risk – skating can be a dangerous activity that could result in serious injury.
3) Children 10 and under require adult supervision.
4) Recreational skating only – hockey or games of chase may only be done with prior approval
(contact the Parks Office at (920) 686-3580).
5) Please skate in a counter-clockwise direction.
6) In case of emergency, call 911.
7) Please follow all other general park rules while skating.
The City of Manitowoc takes pride in our public parks. If you see someone violating these rules, call the Police Department at 686-6500. Violators will be banned from public parks. Also, smile, the City of Manitowoc may be using video surveillance cameras.
The rink may be closed for certain periods to smooth it over with more water. Signs will be posted when it is closed for this purpose.