Spring Cleanup for 2016 will be as follows:
Section 1: April 4TH THROUGH April 8TH, 2016
West of and including North 18th Street and north of the Manitowoc River
Section 2: April 11TH THROUGH April 15TH, 2016
West of the Canadian National Railroad tracks and south of the Manitowoc River
Section 3: April 18TH THROUGH April 22TH, 2016
East of the Canadian National Railroad tracks and south of the Manitowoc River
Section 4: April 25TH THROUGH April 29th, 2016
East of North 18th Street and north of the Manitowoc River
These dates are subject to change based on weather. Please check www.manitowoc .org, social media or contact the Streets and Sanitation Division at 920-686-6550 for updates.
A parking ban ordinance has been put in place for Spring Cleanup. NO PARKING WILL BE ALLOWED IN FRONT OF GARDEN WASTE, BRUSH, AND/OR LEAF AND RAKING PILES on City streets during the week of pickup from 7:00 am – 3:00 pm. Vehicles parked on the street in front of any debris piles will be ticketed.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
• There are two crews picking up. One crew for leaves, thatch and garden waste and one crew for brush. This is because brush is placed in a different area at the compost site. If your leaf and raking pile is picked up but brush is not, another crew will be coming through to pick it up.
• To ensure pick-up, all material must be placed between the sidewalk and curb by 7:00 am on the specified MONDAY of your scheduled week BUT NOT MORE THAN TWO (2) WEEKS PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED PICKUP WEEK. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL YARD WASTE PLACED BETWEEN THE SIDEWALK AND CURB BY 7:00 AM ON THE MONDAY OF YOUR PICKUP WEEK. There will be a minimum $100.00 charge for material picked up after the initial pickup on your street.
• The two crews will pick up on each street ONE TIME ONLY.
• Yard waste consists of leaves, thatch, yard and garden waste, and brush (including clean woody vegetative material) not to exceed five (5) feet in length or six (6) inches in diameter.
• Brush, branches, and bushes/shrubs without root bulbs are to be kept separate from rakings (thatch material).
• Pickup is limited to one truckload per property.
• Bagged materials WILL NOT be picked up.
• Crews WILL NOT pick up the following:
o Lumber, garbage, animal droppings, broken concrete, refuse, fill, demolition material, edgings, yard debris greater than six (6) inches in diameter or longer than five (5) feet in length, including stumps, roots, or shrubs with intact bulbs, or debris in bags, buckets, or garbage cans.
• Materials WILL NOT be picked up on uninhabited/vacant lots.
City residents that choose not to utilize the city pickup or wish to have additional pickups may contact a private hauler or take brush to the county compost sites. For more information about the compost sites, call 683-4333.
For additional information regarding Spring Cleanup, contact the Department of Public Infrastructure – Streets and Sanitation Division at 686-6550.